Singapore, 7 June 2018
Gotion and mobilityX sign MoU to collaborate in developing new electric vehicle (EV)-related business models and incorporation of Gotion’s electric vehicle fleet on mobilityX’s Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform
1. Gotion Singapore, the local subsidiary of Guoxuan High-tech, one of China’s leading EV battery suppliers and mobilityX, an SMRT seed-funded start-up that provides an integrated MaaS solution to businesses and customers, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 7 June 2018. The MOU lays out the collaboration between both parties in the development of new EV-related business models and the incorporation of Gotion’s EV fleet on mobilityX’s Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform.
2. The MoU was signed by Gotion Singapore’s Director, Mr Koh Kiat Huat and mobilityX’s CEO, Mr Colin Lim today (7 June 2018). The signing was witnessed by the Chairman of Guoxuan High-tech, Mr Li Zhen and the Chairman of mobilityX, Mr Peter Tan.
3. Both parties bring their unique strengths in technology, operations and market insights to increase the use of electric vehicles on Singapore roads with the aim of reducing carbon footprint and private car ownership. The collaboration will aim to:
- Integrate Guoxuan-powered EVs and its energy management system in mobilityX’s Mobility-as-a-Service platform (Gotion plans to test EVs in Singapore in the second half of 2018)
- Introduce Guoxuan-powered EVs and its energy management system to mobilityX’s customers and businesses, both in Singapore and South-East Asia.
4. At the MoU signing, Chairman of Guoxuan High-tech, Mr. Li Zhen noted the big changes to urban mobility – “electrification, connectivity, automation and mobility-as-a-Service”. Each of these disruptors has the potential to significantly disrupt the ecosystem; however, in combination, the impact will be truly transformational. The collaboration of Gotion Singapore and mobilityX brings together both parties’ strengths that complement each other. It will advance the progress of building a greener and car-lite urban transport.
5. CEO of mobilityX, Mr. Colin Lim said: “We are excited to partner with Guoxuan High-Tech, a leading EV battery supplier, and offer its EV services through our Mobility-as-a-Service platform. mobilityX is committed to building a greener and cleaner Singapore through a comprehensive offering of e-mobility solutions. Equally important, through this MOU with Gotion, mobilityX is enlarging its eco-system of partners such as Singtel, CapitaLand and mobike.”