SMRT is committed to providing excellent customer service to you and more than two million passengers who travel in our network daily. We are guided by the following tenets:
- Safety and security
Your safety is our priority. We maintain safety in our network by ensuring our educating system is equipped with the necessary safety and security features, raising awareness through public programmes and passengers on how to report dangerous or suspicious behaviour. Click here for safety information and click here for security information.
- Comfort and cleanliness
Our vehicles and premises are cleaned and maintained regularly. Faulty installations are repaired with minimum downtime and inconvenience to passengers.
Every effort will be made to provide a high level of accessibility, and the needs of those with reduced mobility will be attended to within our means. For information on accessibility within out network, click here.
As an organisation focused on sustainability, we are concerned with reducing atmospheric pollutants and using alternative fuel sources in a bid to limit consumption of rapidly depleting natural resources. For more info on SMRT’s eco-sustainability initiatives, click here.
- Customer feedback
We take all passenger feedback seriously and seek your help to provide details so that we may take prompt action to address your concerns. To provide feedback, please click here.
- Customer obligations
We seek your cooperation in the following areas when travelling with SMRT:
- Refrain from littering and smoking
- Behave in a polite and responsible manner toward other commuters
- Respect our rules with regard to travelling with bulky and heavy items
- Help passengers with reduced mobility, such as allowing them to board first or giving up seats to them
- Report faults so that we may repair them immediately
- Give ample notice to bus drivers by flagging early for the bus or pressing the bell in advance to alight
- For more ways on how you can make your ride a pleasant experience, click Rules & Etiquette.