We Need Your Help
It is not possible for our staff to be everywhere and neither is it feasible for us to be checking every person who enters the network. We cannot do it on our own, so we need you to be our ears and eyes. If you see suspicious packages, bags or even behaviour, report it immediately to our staff.
How do you determine a suspicious package? Just remember HOT
- H - Hidden
Is the item intentionally hidden?
- O – Obviously Suspicious
Does the item seem to be overly suspicious? ie. Oily patches, wiring, ticking sound, etc
- T – Typical of Environment
Is the item typical of the environment? If not, where should it be placed?
If you find such an item, inform our station staff immediately.
When observing a suspicious person, remember SALUTE
- S – Size
Take note of the number of people, gender, age and physical description
- A – Activity
Describe what the person(s) is doing
- L – Location
Provide the exact location of the person(s)
- U – Uniform
Describe what the person(s) is wearing
- T – Time
Provide date, time and duration of activity
- E - Equipment
Did the person(s) have a vehicle, camera, video, etc? Describe the item(s)
What You Should Note...
At the bus stop
- For your safety, please stand on the pavement behind the yellow lines.
- Flag the bus in advance to give the driver ample time to see you and stop.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before approaching it. It is dangerous to rush towards a moving bus.
- Please board the bus in an orderly manner and do not push other passengers.
- Do assist or allow the elderly, disabled, pregnant women and young children to board the bus first.
- For your own safety, please do not board the bus when the doors are closing or from the rear doors.
- For the comfort of other passengers, please refrain from smoking at the bus stop.
- Do not run or play at the bus stop and always supervise children.
At interchanges and terminals
- Crossing within the bus park is prohibited. Use designated crossings.
- Be considerate and queue when waiting for the bus.
- For your safety, stand clear of the curb while waiting for your bus.
- Assist or give way to the children, elderly, disabled and pregnant women while boarding the bus.
On the bus
- As soon as you board, tap your card or pay your fare by cash and move to the rear of the bus. Do not block the entrance.
- Please move to the rear as much as possible to allow more passengers to be able to board the bus.
- Do not stand on the steps of the bus and be mindful when the doors open and close.
- Hold on to the hand grips or a grab pole to maintain balance.
- Please keep your bags, luggage, prams/strollers out of the way of fellow passengers. These must never block walkways and doorways.
- Please offer your seat to someone who needs it more than you, especially the elderly, handicapped and pregnant ladies
- Do not eat, litter or smoke while on the bus
- Do not block the exit if you are not alighting at the next stop.
- To alight, press the bell once in advance. Give the driver ample notice and time to pull into the bus stop.
- Let the bus come to a complete stop before alighting. For your safety, never force its doors open.
- Do not alight if the doors are closing. Press the bell to alert the driver.
- Please report any unusual incidents or sightings on board the bus to our Bus Captain.
- If you left your belongings on the bus, please make a lost report.
Emergency equipment on board the bus
- Located between bus windows. In an emergency, use this to break the windows to escape.
Fire extinguisher and first aid kit
- Located near the front door of the bus. To access the items, use the emergency hammer to break the cover.